Precision SL Planters
The Precision SL Planter is ideal for row-crop farmers who apply No-Till/Min-Till farming practices with maximum efficiency and accuracy.
About the Min-Till Precision SL Planter
Rising input costs and fluctuating crop prices are driving farmers throughout the world to search for improved efficiency. Two fundamental and interrelated changes to mechanised crop production have evolved.
- Economies of scale have been adopted and proven in agriculture as they have in industrial production. The use of wider implements coupled to larger tractors has been the worldwide trend to improve timeliness of field operations, greater output/hour and reduced total cost/ton.
- In parallel with “going wider” has been the increased emphasis on Conservation Agriculture – No-till/Min-till which, while reducing costs will improve soil fertility, reduce wind and water erosion, improve soil carbon content and improve yields.
Two models of the Equalizer Min-Till Precision SL planter have been developed to offer the farmer the proven benefits of both wide frame and min-till agricultural systems.
Features of the SL Planter:
- Number of rows range from 4 to 20 rows
- 762mm or 914mm row spacing available
- Separate tanks are available for different applications
- Vertical folding system for transport
- Floatation tyres to minimise soil compaction and rolling resistance
- Double V coulter assembly for fertiliser placement
- Four types of tine points/sheers are available
- All frames are fitted 560mm coulter discs with SKF Agri Hub bearings
- The vacuum system utilises the tubular machine frame to minimise external pipes and maintenance
- All units can be fitted with double row cleaners
- PTO driven pump for fan hydraulics
- Frame mounted Equalizer auger
- Sprayer system with tank
The heart of the Equalizer single pass planter is the unit design of the tine operating under hydraulic pressure, min-tilling the soil to a maximum depth of 250mm, if needed, ahead of the planter row unit. The tine is fitted with a spade nose point to provide a degree of lateral soil shatter below the seed to optimise root growth.
The parallel linkage between the tine and the planter disc openers ensures that the set depth relationship between the seed and fertiliser remains constant.
Seed depth is controlled by the gauge wheels which may be offset from the disc openers if field conditions require.
Adjustment options provide the farmer with the optimum set up to suit his needs and prevailing soil conditions.
The tine may be offset from the seed row to allow side placement of fertiliser. Both depth and hydraulic down pressure of the tine are also adjustable.
- Quick depth setting: Easy 35mm increment adjustment on the tine
- Double fertiliser coulter option to replace tine
- Hydraulic trip control & downward force control on planter tine & unit
- Hydraulic tine trip action